Alabama DMV Handbook 2022
Looking for some help preparing for the Alabama permit test? Start your journey towards freedom by reading through the Alabama Driver’s Handbook. Whether you’re in Huntsville or the bustling streets of Birmingham, becoming familiar the rules of the road and Alabama state traffic laws begins with the driver’s handbook. The handbook is published by the Alabama Department of Public Safety and is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of safe, responsible driving in the state.
What’s Covered in the Alabama Driver’s Manual
The Alabama Driver Manual covers the following topics.
- License to Drive – requirements, examinations, restrictions
- Losing Your License – cancellation, suspension, revocation
- Driving – habits, sharing the road, safety belts and child restraints
- The Driver – cell phone, drugs, accident avoidance, railroad crossing
- Signs, Signals, and Markers – traffic, regulatory, warning, pavement markings
- Traffic Laws – speed limits, stopping, passing, right of way
- Driving Conditions – night driving, weather, road conditions
Prepare for the AL permit test using a combination of the manual as well as our Alabama permit practice tests. You can expect questions on the rules of the road and safe driving practices. Like the real exam, questions are created based on the information in the manual. You will need to:
- identify traffic signs by shape, color or symbol
- identify signals and pavement markings
- answer questions about traffic laws, safety rules, crash prevention and vehicle equipment