Arkansas DMV Handbook 2023
The Arkansas Driver’s Handbook is published by the Department of Motor Vehicles, Special Division and covers the following topics.
- Rules of the Road – construction, traffic controls, right of way, parking
- Safe Driving – distractions, speed, visibility, distance, traffic
- Tractor Trailers – residential areas, bicycles
- Driving Fitness – vision, hearing, drinking, health
- Emergencies – avoiding collisions, accelerating, skids, crashes
Once you’re familiar with the information in the manual, its essential you test that knowledge before taking the exam. Find out how much you really know by taking one of our Arkansas permit practice tests. Our practice tests are a great way to quickly identify any gaps in your knowledge while getting a feel for the format and structure of the real Arkansas permit test. Start your study session now.
With over 200,000 miles of road, Arkansas has plenty of natural wonders to share with its drivers. Uncover Hot Springs National Park, the Ozark Mountains, and the Talladega National Forest. Take the Talimena National Scenic Byway along the crest of Rich Mountain, Arkansas’ second highest peak. From high to low, Arkansas’ treasures won’t disappoint — obtain your driver’s license to see them all.