California DMV Handbook 2022
The California Driver Handbook is published by the California Department of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s licensing procedures – documentation, permit, and license requirements
- Minors – permit restrictions, traffic violations, provisional license
- Seat Belts – child restraints, airbags, unattended children
- Rules of the Road – right of way, speed limits, locations
- Turns, Parking – legal U-turns, illegal turns, illegal parking
- Safe Driving – signaling, steering, merging
- Sharing the Road – large trucks, motorcycles, bicycles
- Driving Tips – cell phones, collision avoidance, hazards
- Loss of License – insurance, drugs and DUI, tickets, speeding, suspension
While reviewing the information in the handbook is a solid first step, at some point, you are going to need to test your level of knowledge. This is where practice tests provide a truly unique solution. Our California DMV practice tests are designed to simulate the test questions of the official California DMV written test. Removing the guesswork and apprehension from the test means you’ll leave your local DMV office a licensed driver!