Colorado DMV Handbook 2022
The Colorado Driver Handbook is published by the Colorado State Patrol and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – requirements, permits, classes
- Motor Vehicle Laws – insurance, graduated license, cell phone use
- Driving Under Influence – alcohol and driving, drugs and driving, express consent
- Rules of the Road – traffic controls, signals, signs, pavement markings, lane controls
- Safe Driving Tips – steering, scanning, changing lanes, passing, night driving, weather
- Sharing the Road – large trucks and buses, railroad crossing, bicycles, motorcycles
- Emergencies – avoiding collisions, brake failure, tire blowout, power failure
How can I be sure I’ll pass the Colorado Written Exam?
The state written test can pose a significant challenge even to experienced drivers. With a 70% fail rate, why limit your test preparation to just the handbook alone. By combining the knowledge from the handbook with our Colorado Practice Tests, you’ll be giving yourself the best possible chance to pass the test the first time.