Iowa DOT Handbook 2023
The Iowa Driver’s Manual is published by the Iowa Department of Transportation and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – vision test, knowledge test, driving test, types of license, renewal
- Traffic Signs – warning signs, regulatory signs, guide signs, pavement markings
- Safe Driving Tips – turning techniques, hand signals, bad weather driving, passing
- Driving Privileges – cancellation, suspension, revocations, accidents
- Be in Shape – alcohol and drugs, disabilities, seat belts and restraints
How Will I Know if I am Prepared for the Iowa Written Exam?
There’s an easy way to find out if you’ll pass the Iowa written exam and start driving or if you have to ask your friends and family to drive you around for a few more weeks. It starts with our comprehensive Iowa DOT Practice Tests. The practice tests are designed to closely simulate the questions you will find on the official written driving exam. Do well on our practice tests, and you’ll naturally do well on the official exam.
So start by thoroughly review the material found within the Iowa Drivers Manual and then test that knowledge using the practice tests, and you’ll soon be exploring all that the Hawkeye State has to offer!