Maryland MVA Handbook 2023
Packed with valuable information from the rules of the road to traffic signs, the Maryland Driver Handbook is an important resource when preparing for the state’s written knowledge test. The handbook is published by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) and covers the following topics.
Topics Covered in the Maryland Driver’s Handbook
- Driving Test Requirements – vision screening, knowledge test, driving skills test
- Basic Driving – driving defensively, right-of-way, vehicle speed, following/stopping distance, turning, parking rules
- Signals, Signs and Pavement Markings – traffic signals, traffic signs, highway pavement markings
- Driving Conditions – night driving, fog, weather, skidding, work zone
- Dangerous Driving – drinking and driving, aggressive driving, cell phones
- Sharing the Road – emergency vehicles, school vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles
- Restrictions and Violations – suspension, revocation, cancellation, sanctions
We understand you want to get behind the wheel as quickly as possible but before you can enjoy the freedom of the open road, you’ll need to pass the Maryland permit test. Preparing for the test is a two step approach that begins with becoming familiar with the information found the handbook and then testing your knowledge using practice tests. The permit test can include questions from any section of the handbook, so it’s important you test your knowledge before taking the exam.Our Maryland permit practice tests are the perfect companion to the driver’s handbook.
The Free State is home to over 70,000 miles of road. Maryland boasts both urban and rural marvels, from the National Aquarium, Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, and the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, to the Chesapeake Country Scenic Byway, Maryland is dotted with an array of historic roads. Book your ticket with a valid driver’s license! Start preparing today.