Massachusetts RMV Handbook 2023
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Driver’s Manual is published by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – classifications, identification, renewals
- Safety First – safety belt, airbags, defensive driving
- Rules of the Road – speed limits, traffic signals, traffic signs, pavement markings
- Special Driving Situations – health, emergency vehicles, accidents
- Owning a Vehicle – registration, inspections, titles, insurance
While the handbook is an important tool to better understand the rules of the road, it’s equally important to test that knowledge before taking the permit test. The permit test features questions from multiple chapters of the handbook so cramming the night before is not a recipe for success. Quickly determine how much information you’ve truly absorbed with our Massachusetts RMV Practice Tests. Our practice tests are designed to recreate the format and structure of the real exam.
Take a ride through the Bay State with your valid driver’s license. Whether cruising along the Jacob’s Ladder Trail Scenic Byway in the Berkshire Mountains, escaping to Cape Cod, or following the freedom trail, with a driver’s license, you can explore all that the old colony has to offer.