New Jersey MVC Handbook 2022
The New Jersey Driver’s Manual is published by the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) and is designed to help you understand the rules of road and NJ traffic laws, including:
- Driver’s Licensing Procedures – requirements, examinations, restrictions
- Driver Testing – ID verification, vision test, knowledge test
- Driver Responsibility – car seats, seat belts, airbags, braking, signals, turning, parking
- Safe Driving Rules – speed, passing, intersections, entering and leaving the highway
- Defensive Driving – aggressive driving, following, changing lanes, road conditions
- Privileges and Penalties – DUI, breath test, point system, moving violations
Whether you are preparing for your upcoming New Jersey permit test or simply want to be a safer driver, the New Jersey Driver’s Handbook includes essential information to help you accomplish your goals. Once you are familiar with the information in the handbook, test your knowledge with our New Jersey Permit Practice Tests.
The Garden State offers its denizens a ticket to bustling urban centers and blossoming rural escapes. Promenade along the Atlantic City Boardwalk or take State Route 49 through Maurice River Bluffs Preserve, a freshwater refuge for songbirds in migration. New Jersey is yours to discover with a valid driver’s license.