North Carolina DMV Handbook 2023
The handbook is designed to help you understand important motor vehicle laws, recognize common road signs, and introduce you to safe driving techniques. The North Carolina Drivers Handbook is published by the North Carolina Department of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Your License – learner permit, restrictions, documentation
- Your Driving Privileges – points, suspensions
- Driver Safety – safety belts, speed limits, defensive driving, emergencies
- Signals and Signs – traffic signs and signals, railroad crossing, pavement markings
- Sharing the Road – bicycles, trucks, motorcycles
Is the Handbook All I Need to Pass the Test?
Why leave the DMV office empty-handed when you can start preparing by studying the material in the handbook.
Once you feel you are familiar with the material in the handbook, it’s time to test that knowledge, and there is no better way than by taking a North Carolina DMV Practice Test. The practice tests found on this site are designed to closely simulate the questions you will encounter on the state’s official written driving exam.
By taking advantage of both the handbook and the practice tests, you will have the confidence you need to leave your local DMV office a licensed driver!