Texas DMV Handbook 2023
The Texas Driver’s Handbook is published by the Texas DPS Driver’s License Division with the intention of educating driver’s on the rules of the road and covers the following topics.
- Inspections and Registration – required equipment, optional equipment, registration
- Right of Way – intersections, railroad crossings, emergency vehicles, pedestrians
- Signals, Signs, and Markers – traffic signs, colors and shapes, warning signs
- Signaling, Turning and Passing – right turn, left turn, passing
- Stopping and Parking – standing, disabled parking, unattended vehicle
- Speed – speed limits
- Motor Vehicle Crashes – what to do, aiding the injured
The handbook is an excellent resource if you are preparing for the Texas permit test but don’t forget to test your newly acquired knowledge with our Texas permit practice tests. Each practice test is designed to simulate the real exam and give your best possible chance of success on test day.