Virginia DMV Handbook 2023
Prepare With the VA DMV Driver’s Manual
Prepare for your learner’s permit, driver’s license, or renewal test with the Washington DMV Driver’s Manual. The Virginia Driver’s Handbook is published by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and covers the following topics.
- Testing – road skills test, vision screening
- Signals, Signs, and Markers – sign shapes, regulatory or guide signs, warning signs
- Safe Driving – speed limits, stopping, yielding, passing, turning, sharing the road
- Seat Belts and Air Bags – child safety seats, airbags
- Penalties – suspension, revocation, alcohol, and the law
Once you are familiar with the handbook, it’s time to test your knowledge with our Virginia permit practice tests. These powerful practice tests are are great way to quickly identify any gaps in your knowledge before taking the real exam.