Alaska DMV Handbook 2022
The State of Alaska Driver Manual is published by the Alaska Department of Administration Division of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – identification, permits, requirements, examinations, fees
- Suspensions and Revocations – implied consent, alcohol and driving, drugs
- Seatbelt Usage – safety belt facts, requirements, child restraints
- Control of Vehicles – backing, texting, following, collisions, speed, braking
- Signaling – left turn, right turn, yielding, intersections, signs and signals
- Safety – weather, highways, lighting, major roads
- How should I prepare for the Alaska Written Exam?
Once you thoroughly review the Alaska Drivers Manual, you’ll be anxious to head to your local DMV and take your driver’s written exam. But the truth is no matter how well you think you are familiar with the information, you still never know if you’re going to pass.
That’s why we encourage you to study the Alaska Drivers Manual below together with practice tests. Practice tests are a great way to test your handbook knowledge. By simulating the test questions you might face on test day, you will be better prepared than 99% of students. Don’t risk the embarrassment, delay, and extra costs of not passing your written exam. Take the time to try an Alaska DMV Permit Practice Test, and gain the confidence you need to pass the first time.