Rhode Island DMV Handbook 2022
The Rhode Island Driver’s Manual is published by the Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Applying for License – limited provisional permit, limited license, full operator’s license
- Basic Driving Skills – safety belt, child restraint laws, stopping, parking, passing, backing
- Signs, Signals, and Markers – regulatory signs, warning signs, guide signs, roadway markings
- Driving Emergencies – skidding, brake failure, blowout, engine failure, fire, and water
- Sharing the Road – night driving, pedestrians, school buses, bicycle riders
- Drinking and Driving – blood alcohol concentration, implied consent, breathalyzer