Tennessee DMV Handbook 2022
The Tennessee Driver License Handbook is published by the Tennessee Department of Safety (DPS) and covers the following topics.
- Applying for License – documentation, graduated license, regular license
- Examinations – vision screening, knowledge test, road test
- Know Your Vehicle – vehicle condition, seat and mirror, safety belts, texting
- Traffic Signs and Signals – shapes and colors, regulatory signs, warning signs, work area
- Rules of the Road – speed limits, two-second rule, required stops, littering
- Interstate Driving – entering and exiting, traffic congestion, move over law
- Alcohol and Driving – drinking and driving, other drugs, implied consent
- Driving Responsibility – DUI, sharing the road, defensive driving, road rage
The handbook is an excellent resource if you are preparing for the Tennessee permit test but don’t forget to test your newly acquired knowledge with our Tennessee permit practice tests. Each practice test is designed to simulate the real exam and give your best possible chance of success on test day.