West Virginia DMV Handbook 2022
Prepare With the WV DMV Driver’s Manual
Prepare for your learner’s permit, driver’s license, or renewal test with the West Virginia DMV Manual. The handbook is published by the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s license information – documentation, restrictions, fees, Drive for Five
- Driver responsibilities – accidents, point system, license revocation
- DUI – underage drinking and driving, designated driver, penalties
- Examination requirements – vision, knowledge exam, equipment test, automatic failures
- Traffic control devices – signs, traffic lights, crosswalk signals, pavement markings
- Traffic laws – speed limits, parking, sharing the road, right-of-way, cellular phones
- Interstates – numbering, and navigation, entering and exiting, speeds, construction zones
- Defensive driving – bad habits, weather conditions, traffic conditions, safety equipment
- Emergency situations – preparedness, blowouts, brakes, engine, vehicle fires
Once you’ve studied the handbook, it’s time to head over to our West Virginia permit practice tests. These interactive practice tests are are great way to get a feel for the concepts and format of the real exam before visiting your local DMV office.